Monday, December 10, 2012

Simple but beautiful birds to make.....

I discovered these lovely birds on pinterest from Joann.com and have really enjoyed playing around with the pattern to put my own elements into it.

I have added fine wire to the wings across the full length between two layers of cardstock for support and to enable shaping.

I added a  layer of cardstock between the two body pieces to strengthen the frame.
Then I added my brads prior to adhering sides so that the eyes were present on both sides of the bird and the backs of brads did not show.

The blue bird has wool from spotlight included in the tail - it is one of my favourite ingredients this year as has just a touch of bling.

 The bird below has some lace gold ribbon under the wings for added interest and effect. (Also from spotlight and half price this week in the Christmas section).

 
My next post will show our version of a home made Christmas tree for our living area this year.
Enjoy and please email if further instructions required.
The link to Joann
.com site is on my pinterest bird board,
Regards
Robyn

No comments: