Monday, December 10, 2012

Our christmas tree in a bird cage.......

I have spent a great deal of time house cleaning and culling over the past few weeks of my holidays. I have so many Christmas decorations in the garage but did not feel like cluttering up again. I also wanted a simple natural theme this year with not too much glitter and bling.

This is what I came up with..........

 
I will add some decorations but am still making more birds.
The white and gold twigs were some I purchased several years ago from a post Christmas sale at spotlight and they turned out perfect for this purpose.....I knew I would eventually use them!
 
The bird cage is from the Reject shop (my stash) and the base is simply lined with some hessian (burlap)
I simply inserted the branches through the cage to stand up and spread them evenly.
Then I added some twigs etc from the bush up behind our town and included some she-oak cones and pine needles.
I tied some small pieces of vintage lace here and there for added interest.
I had purchased some lovely artificial red berries ( vintage red colour not bright) and these were added to the front of the cage.
Then what is a tree in my home without a touch of cricut - hence a small cricut bow - embossed with my new ebosser - which I just love (purchased from scrappygolucky.com.au of course).
 
I have some cinnamon sticks and star anise which I may incorporate as well.
 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so natural and effective and a great way if putting together some found objects. Love it!

cotts said...

Thanks Mandy - I love feedback and always value yours!