Sunday, February 12, 2012

I love my space...and here it is!

We are in a home that is 90 years old, we still have some renovating to do eg in this room however..I love it! There is space, wooden boards, high roofs, quiet open rural street and so much to play with!!
I pulled up the old carpet last week and the very old lino that was underneath and now have scrubbed boards with old paint on them that we will sand when the walls are plastered.
Meanwhile, its very comfy and peacefull......
I rearranged the tables and added some basic shelving, you can see one wall still has old wall paper...in the hey day this wall used to open up for entertaining and my Nanna who was born and bred in Maffra, had her kitchen tea in this house and my Mum was the first Miss Australia Quest entrant for Maffra and attended the home many times with her young friend (who became my dad) for fund raising functions etc!
Another wall of semi organised storage...the birdcages were a recent find at the reject shop. I am going to shabby then up a bit and hang them from the roof in this room!
Some of my large button collection can be seen on the shelves and laces to the right (some of my laces!) In the foregroung on partial view is my nanna's school case which has her intiials on it and in which I keep some of my old laces and doilies which I love to collect.......a true hoarder of bits and pieces which I love!
A very simple corner behind the door. Standing height for cutting and embossing and some cricut green bins for scraps etc, a couple of towel racks for the punches (previously in a drawer and cluttered).
So a bit of an improvement - the cricut, computer and printer are on the old desks under the window, I will add this shot but have the venetians up so its glary but its nice sitting at this window and looking out the front. Also we have the outdoor setting under the verandah so often hubby might be out there and we talk through the window!! LOL..or I can watch the boys mowing and the cats at play!
Back to playing!!

No comments: